At the moment we are not permitted to see patients and can only advise.
If you have an Orthodontic emergency please call the practice on 0330 094 8930 for telephone advice.
How to handle braces emergencies
Ensure that all your hard work is kept in place with a retainer. At Infinity Smiles we offer a range of retainer options that will prevent your teeth from moving out of place and keep your smile looking brilliant after your treatment.
How do retainers work?
Once your treatment has been completed, your teeth will naturally want to move back into their original position. A retainer is designed to help stop that movement and keep your teeth in place. Your retainer will be custom designed to fit the shape of your mouth and will be made to fit snugly against your teeth.
Which retainer is right for me?
There are many different types of retainers suited for different needs. Your Specialist Orthodontist will evaluate your specific needs and provide you with a recommendation of which retainer is best suited to you. Here is a list of the retainers we offer:
- Vivera Retainers - Designed using the same technology as Invisalign® aligners, the Vivera retainer is made using a 3D scan of your teeth to provide you with a precise fit to your mouth. The removable retainer is thicker than your usual aligners in order to form a strong hold over your teeth, keeping your smile looking beautiful after your treatment has concluded. You do not need to have undergone Invisalign® treatment in order to receive a Vivera retainer.
- Bonded fixed retainers - These consist of a small wire that is bonded permanently to the inside of your lower teeth, providing a longer-term solution for preventing tooth movement. Bonded retainers provide a more aesthetically pleasing option, but additional support from an Essix retainer may be prescribed for night time use.
- Essix removable retainers - These clear retainers are made using a mould directly from your teeth and are constructed from plastic that simply slips over the top of your teeth, holding them in place. Because they are removable, they make tasks such as cleaning and eating much easier.
- Hawley removable retainers - This is the most common and inexpensive type of retainer. Hawley retainers hold your teeth in place using wire that passes around the teeth, attaching to a piece of acrylic that is moulded to the palate or floor of your mouth. The Hawley retainers are completely customisable in shape and colour to so we can choose what suits you best.
How to look after your retainers
- Wear your retainers EVERY NIGHT into the future if you want to keep your teeth straight.
- Take them out of your mouth when eating or playing sports.
- When the retainers are out of your mouth, place them in a brace/retainer case for safety.
- Clean them once a day using a toothbrush and toothpaste and then once a week using Retainer Brite tablets.
- Bring your retainers for the periodic check-up appointments.
- There is an additional cost for replacement or repair of this retainer.
Ready to find out which retainer is right for you?
When you begin your free initial consultation, your orthodontist will evaluate your needs and decide on the right retainer for you. Book your consultation for a chance to discuss your treatment and retainer options and begin your journey towards straighter teeth.